Thursday, February 24, 2011

take silence and respect it.

Have you met The Chirpy Bird?  She's witty, cooks up a whole lotta scrumptiousness, weaves a great tale, and is gorgeous.  (Yes, I know that last one shouldn't matter...)  In fact, she's the kind of girl I'd like to set up with my older (hot) brother, if this were the real world, and not imaginary blog land.  The Chirpy Bird (she's also known as Tash =) recently started a series celebrating the things in life to which she is saying YES.  Today Tash's post centered on aloneness.  It brought to mind this amazing video by film maker, Andrea Dorfman, and poet/singer/songwriter Tanya Davis.  


I can't remember where I first saw the video, but it made a huge impression on me (as I'm sure it has on countless others.)  I mentioned it in a comment on The Chirpy Bird's blog, assuming that she must've seen it before.  To my surprise she had not, so I thought perhaps I'd share it here in case you've not as well.  Even if you have watched it, it's worth a revisit, yes?

3 comments:

  1. I adore you.

    Thank you!

    Not only for calling me witty and gorgeous {blushville}, but for wanting to set me up with your hot brother! haha massive compliment! and I too love imaginary blog land!

    What a way to end my night :)

    x tash

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Chirpy Bird is lovely! I am sorry for such delayed responses in my blog comments. Thank you for stopping by, always :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, for a second there I thought you were talking about me- witty, cooks and beautiful- KIDDING!

    Love that video girl and love ya! Miss ya- sorry haven't been by in a while but now i am back!
    Oh and I made king cake for mardi-gras. come check it out if you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete