Wednesday, October 6, 2010

a little success.

Via Katherine Marie Photography.


Today I tried my hand at adapting one of my favorite recipes to the crock pot.  There is something that is warm and comforting about crock pot meals.  Who doesn't love coming home to the smell of a yummy dinner just waiting to be eaten?  Unfortunately,  sometimes the recipes I've found for slow cookers are either a) too complicated (isn't the point to be able to dump basically everything into it and end up with a meal?) or b) not very tasty (so why bother?)  I'm happy to report that my attempt was a smashing success, and I will most likely be sharing this recipe with you as part of the Roaming Fall Recipe Exchange (hosted by Pretty Mommy) that I mentioned earlier this week.  Until then, check out Torrie's recipes for Butternut Squash Soup and A Perfect Autumn Salad as well as Katie's recipes for Pumpkin Apple Breakfast Muffins and Chicken Pot Pie.  They all look delicious!


And more yumminess in store via the links below.  Enjoy!


Oct 4th - Michelle - Pretty Mommy
Oct 5th - Torrie - a place to share...
Oct 6th - Katie - the30girl.com
Oct 7th - Karen- It all started at Mother's
Oct 8th - Estelle - Under A Pink Moon
Oct 11th - Danielle - domestic dish
Oct 12th - Chassity - Look Linger Love
Oct 13th - Rebecca - Reluctant Floridian
Oct 14th - Elisabeth - You Plus Me Equals
Oct 15th - Jora -- Domestic Reflections
Oct 18th - catherine - Rikshaw Design
Oct 19th - Abby - 5th Joy
Oct 20th - ME! =) - Scrumptious
Oct 21st - jennifer - Whisk It Good
Oct 22nd - kate - Everything but the Squeal
Oct 25th - Tina - Bull In A China Shop
Oct 26th - Kim - Lighter and Local 
Oct 27th - Elaine - Mama Seasonings 
Oct 28th - Jess - Shades of Sunshine

4 comments:

  1. So cute and I am loving this memes!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh this is too cute!!

    http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes- LOVE the crock pot.

    A couple of weeks ago, when we were really getting into the school/homework routine, I knew that I wouldn't have time (or be in the mood- 'routine changes' don't always go so well with my kids- which can be trying on my mood:) to cook during the mid afternoon/early evening. So, almost every meal that week was a crock pot meal! Taco soup, pot roast, coq au vin, shrimp creole... Loved it, and loved adapting non-crock-pot to crock pot recipes/tossing extra on-hand ingredients in/and the wonderful aroma!

    And you're right, simple is a necessity with CP meals. Thanks for the shout out and looking forward to your recipe:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have I told you I am loving this series. Those muffins sounds so yummy. And this picture is too cute. You have to frame this one (maybe in the kitchen) I love it
    naina

    ReplyDelete