Thursday, September 2, 2010

daydreaming...

It's not that I don't adore our house, because I do.  Over the last 8 years, we've turned our house into a home.  It's filled with love, a family of five, including two funny and gorgeous girlies and one fat happy lab, lots and lots of books, dolls, blocks, toys, more books, pink, some carefully and some not so carefully chosen furniture, a big comfy bed, carpet stains, beautiful photographs, good food made in a crappy old kitchen, laughter, visiting friends, red wine, and love (yes, I know I already said that.)   But this, well this is my dream house.  And I'm quite certain, we'd have no problem what so ever turning it into our dream home.  (I can already faintly see a melted popsicle stain next to those red shoes.)




Photographs courtesy of Erin and her lovely blog, House of Turquoise.

4 comments:

  1. I love her blog, and this house!

    And I know what you mean... We've lived in our "house-turned-home" for 7 years, but some of these houses that I see in blogland really get me thinking. - Maybe we could just keep our house as a summer (or part-time) home. :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, this certainly is a dream-house!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed all the photos as much as I did!

    Thanks so much for the link-love and kind mention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! how breathtaking... i want this house!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete