Wednesday, September 15, 2010

gray area.

Is grey the new black?  A new trend?  Am I just feeling sad?  (No, that's not it.)  Any which way, I seem to have acquired quite a bit of it in the last year.  I've been searching for a pair of boots to add to my shades of gray collection.  I have some specifics in mind.  First off, they need to be tall, preferably to the knee.  Secondly, they need to be flat given that I want them for daily wear, not just for a night on the town.  (What can I say?  I don't rock the four inch heels in the middle of a Tuesday afternoon.)  Thirdly, the diameter of the shaft has to be big enough to accomodate my rather ample calves in a pair of skinny jeans (but not so wide as to look ridiculous when worn with a thin pair of tights and a mini skirt.)  Fourthly, they need to be leather (not suede) as I'll be wearing them even in the rain (not that we get much in Southern California.)  Fifthly, (and this is rather important to Sparky) they need not to break the bank.  Here are a few picks that (mostly) fit the bill.


Born Riding Boot from Garnet Hill


Frye Paige Tall Riding Boot

I'd have to take the tassels off of this pair from Burno Premi.


Frye Carson Riding Boot


 Alberto Fermani Over the Knee Boots  
(These don't fit my criteria in the least!  But... the ombre of the gray, and the delicious supple leather, and the leg lengthening look...  Oh well.   A girl's entitled to change her mind.)

5 comments:

  1. The Born and the Carson Riding are my favorites.
    Rockin' the market in these on a Tuesday afternoon in Glendora, would definitely make a few heads turn. A huge step up from Keds and Reebox.

    Love the idea of gray boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I obviously have a spelling issue when it comes to the name of things; I will, again correct myself- "Reboks"... don't know why I always realize after I press "post comment" - only on your blog, really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally like your spelling of "Reebox" better. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what is really embarrassing?? I forgot to put the extra "e" in my correction, and again misspelled it. At that point, I said "screw it" and chalked it up to the fact that I haven't owned a pair since I was 11. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the Frye Paige boots - I got the black ones and loved them so much I went and ordered the tan ones!
    They are absolutely fantastic...you will love them!

    ReplyDelete